Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Long Time No Blog




So it has been quite awhile since I last posted.  Guess I'll catch you up...The school year is almost over (6 weeks left) and I have decided to return to the teaching of amazing first graders next year.  I am so excited!  Lauren is busy helping me think about my classroom and is what I call my own personal classroom designer/consultant.  :) August brought Lauren's 21st birthday.  I can't beleive it! In October my fabulous sister came to visit for a long weekend and we spent it in Port Aransas at a cute little house.  It was the best weekend...weather was nice, company was awesome.  In December, Lester celebrated his 50th birthday and we did it up good for him.  We gave him a gift every day for the 50 days leading up to his birthday.  Not sure he would admit it, but I think he enjoyed all the attention.  Then after we got out of school for the winter holiday, Lester, Lauren and I went to Vegas to celebrate their big days.  Some of our family met us there, as well as a friend of Lauren's. For Christmas, Lester and Michael surprised Lauren and I with a new puppy...Luna. For spring break in March we rented a house a block from the beach in Port Aransas.  Lauren, David (her boyfriend), Lester and I went there for 4 days.  We took Luna with us and she loved the water. There was this cute little church up on the hill.  It had like 6 pews in it and windows that opened to the fresh beach breeze. Last weekend, we had a four day weekend which was so awesome!  On Friday Lester and I drove to Arlington and spent the night.  He played golf with buddies while I spent the day shopping at stores we don't have in Austin.  Then we came home on Saturday night after eating dinner at our favoite restaurant...On The Border.  Sunday was Easter and we had a great day as a family. The kids hunted for candy and eggs.  David joined us and we had a big Easter dinner mid afternoon and Lauren made a surprise dessert.  That evening we went to a restaurant that people have been telling us about and tried it out.  Hododdy's Burgers was amazing and everyone agreed we would have to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment