Sunday, April 15, 2012

Austin Adventures Day 2


This weekend we decided to try out the trails near the house.  We began with the trail that went around Dick Nichols Park.  Then we went across the street to try the Western Oaks Hike and Bike Trail.







It took us about an hour and 15 minutes to walk both trails by the time we got back to our car.  We had a lot of fun along the way.  Luna made us laugh several times.  When we arrived back at the car, the temperature had cooled, the wind had picked up and it looked as if it might start raining at any moment.  I think we wore the poor little puppy out.  She slept on the couch with Lauren most of the rest of the afternoon.
Later that evening Lauren and I were headed to Bass Hall to see Mary Poppins the Musical.  But first Lester was taking his 2 girls to dinner.  We decided to try a new restaurant, Cannoli Joe's.  It is set up as a little Italian village and is buffet style.  My favorite was the bruschetta and the apple crisp. 

Lester dropped us off at Bass hall.  The show was amazing!  I had seen it in NYC and was glad to see it again.  I think Lauren loved it.  It is one of our favorite musicals.  Afterward we had to get souveniers.  Lauren got a magnet and a bag.   I got an umbrella.  Then we had our picture taken with Bert and Mary.


1 comment:

  1. I am jealous you got to see Mary Poppins! I bet it was great!

    ReplyDelete