Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Saga of a broken leg


So the Italian cast was one of those old style plaster casts.  In the pictures you can see the comments Lauren and David wrote on the cast.  Lauren wrote "Made in Italy" and "What happens in Italy stays in Italy except a broken bone."  David wrote "I think you took  break a leg a little too serioulsy."   Monday the orthopedic doctor did xrays and sawed off the plaster cast.  Boy did it feel good to get that thing off.  But what we saw underneath didn't look so good.  I'll post a picture of my foot but be forewarned it is not pretty.  Then they fitted me for a walking boot although I can't put any weight on it.  I am scheduled for surgery on Thursday morning.  He said I broke the fibula, tore the ligments between the fibula and tibia and pushed my ankle out of place.  He will be putting in 2 screws during surgery.  I can't return to work for 2 weeks after surgery.  Stay tuned...More of this saga to follow soon.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe all this has happened. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete