Friday, March 18, 2011

Home Please

Waiting in the Charlotte airport for our flight home to Austin. This morning there was no one at the reception desk of our hotel to call us a taxi to the airport at 5:30. Michael walked down the street to a taxi stand twice to try to get a cab without luck. Finally at six he went across the street to another hotel and they called us a taxi. Having a broken leg has gotten us a few travel perks. We go straight to the front of the line every time. We've ridden the carts in the airports and passed through customs without waiting in the huge lines. In Rome we we lifted up to the airplane in a lift. We got reassigned seats in the bulkhead on the long flight from Rome to Charlotte and row 1 on our flight to Austin. I am so ready to be home and I think Michael is too. He has been such a good help. I will try to post pictures this weekend. Hope to see some of you soon.

1 comment:

  1. There's no place like home!! I'm glad you and Michael are back in the states. I can't wait to see your pics. I'll see you next week, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete