Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Surgery Follow Up Today


Today I went back to Dr. G for follow up from the surgery on my leg on the 17th.  First they took off all the wrap and plaster cast.  Boy did that feel good!  That thing was so heavy.  Then we got our first look at Dr. G's handiwork.  I have an incision on the outside of my left leg starting just above the ankle and going up about 5-6 inches with about 18 staples in it.  Then there are also 3 staples on the top of my leg right where your leg and foot meet and bend.  They took xrays and Lester could see that there was a metal plate and 6 screws in the fibula and one screw in the tibia.  Everything was healing very nicely. She took out the staples one by one. Then we went to the casting room for a lighter weight cast to be put on.  But first the girl had to "help" me position my foot in the neutral position.  Basically she had to help me bend it upwards and because of the broken bone and the swelling it didn't want to do that...talk about hurting.  :(  Then she put on a lighter fiberglass cast in bright pink.  I have to keep this on for 3 weeks and then they will put on a different cast.  That one will stay on for 3 more weeks before they will fit me in a boot.  Dr. G gave me 2 rules-no getting it wet and no weight on it.  I can go back to work as long as I follow his two rules.  Now my only concern is getting around my campus.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm, nice cool collor from your plastercast and i like your cute sexy toes wow xoxox.

    ReplyDelete