Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's Always Something

Well, Friday we went to my family Dr to follow up on blood thinner meds.  I was out of the injections and wanted to see if I needed to continue them or could I change to oral meds since my abdomen is black and blue from the injections.  I have to continue injections for 5 days while I begin oral meds and then I will continue on oral meds for about 6 months.  All the while I will have to go in every few days to have blood work done to monitor all of this.  In the process of blood work they found my blood sugar was too too high and Dr thinks I have diabetes.  I am really upset...about a lot of things actually.  Tired of being in this cast and the inability to get around, tired of going to the Dr and finding out there is something else wrong (granted the diabetes is not related to the broken leg, but...), upset about this diabetes deal and what that means.  I know I need to lose weight.  I'm sure I could eat better.  But I am NOT happy about this!  And you can't make me be happy about it.  :)  I know I need to keep it in perspective....this is something that can be controlled and dealt with.  It's not the end of the world. But...
Sometimes a girl just needs a pity party I guess.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment